Thursday, March 6, 2014

February Wrap-Up & March TBR

Today I decided that I would share my February Wrap Up and my March TBR, but before that I want to let you know my reading goals for 2014. So let's jump right in : )

Reading Goals for 2014:
- I have a Goodreads Challenge to read at least 40 books this year.
- Read at least 2 classics.
- Read at least 6 books over 400 pages
- Read at least 5 diverse authors
- Finish at least 3 series I have already started
-Read The Hobbit & The Harry Potter Series

February Wrap Up:
Read 3 books in February
Challenges:
Total Read in 2014: 6
Classics: 0
Books over 400 pages: 2
Diverse Authors: 1
Completed Series: 0

The first book I finished in February was:
Smoke by Ellen Hopkins
Published by Margaret K. McElderry
Released September 10th, 2013
Pages: 543
Goodreads Rating: 4.30 stars
My Rating: 3 stars 
Fulfilled one of my challenges: book over 400 pages
I read the first book, Burned, in January and really enjoyed it. It was my first Ellen Hopkins book. My hopes were just as high for this book, but it just went flat for me. I enjoyed Pattyn's perspective, but Jackie worked my nerves. 

The second book I finished in February was:
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Published by Feral Dream
Released May 21st, 2011
Pages: 283
Goodreads Rating: 4.25
My Rating: 5 stars
Fulfilled one of my reading challenges: Diverse Author
I loved this book. It was my first book about angels. I have read a few others that mention them, but this book was 100 percent angels. I fell in love with the characters. Raffe and Penryn were amazing. The playful banter between them and the non-stop action easily made this book the month favourite. 

The last book I read in February was:
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Published by HarperCollins Teen
Released April 24th, 2012
Pages: 327
Goodreads Rating: 4.13
My Rating: 4 stars
I already posted my review on this book ,so CLICK HERE to check it out : )

Now to my March TBR:

I have already completed one book this month. 
I will tell you my thoughts on it in my March Wrap-Up, but my rating is 3 stars.

I'm currently reading:

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong. -Goodreads


What else I'm planning on reading this month:

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.
Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.
Being a Keeper isn’t just dangerous—it’s a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da’s death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.
In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.- Goodreads



Panic began as so many things do in Carp, a dead-end town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere: because it was summer, and there was nothing else to do.
Heather never thought she would compete in Panic, a legendary game played by graduating seniors, where the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher. She’d never thought of herself as fearless, the kind of person who would fight to stand out. But when she finds something, and someone, to fight for, she will discover that she is braver than she ever thought.
Dodge has never been afraid of Panic. His secret will fuel him, and get him all the way through the game, he’s sure of it. But what he doesn't know is that he’s not the only one with a secret. Everyone has something to play for.
For Heather and Dodge, the game will bring new alliances, unexpected revelations, and the possibility of first love for each of them—and the knowledge that sometimes the very things we fear are those we need the most. -Goordreads

I don't want to plan out my reading too much, but I know there are read-alongs happening this month for both of these books. I will post a blog all about them this weekend. 

Until next time,
Bre







No comments:

Post a Comment