Tuesday, March 4, 2014

TOP 10 TUESDAY:

Happy Tuesday! I decided to hop on the Top 10 Tuesday train. Top 10 Tuesday was started over at The Broke and The Bookish blog. Here is their link if you want to check them out: The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's Top 10 Tuesday is The Top 10 Popular Authors I've Never Read. My list is pretty painful. I decided just to keep this list to only YA authors. I really want to read all of these authors very soon. So let's jump right into my list.

10. Rick Yancey
I really want to read The 5th Wave and The Monstermologist by him. I have heard nothing but great things about his writing. The 5th Wave is about an Alien Invasion and The Monstermologist is supposed to be super creepy. Maybe I will keep these to the side for my October TBR list.

9. Patrick Ness
I own two of his books. I have When A Monster Calls and The Knife of Never Letting Go. I'm not sure why it is taking me so long to get into either one. Hopefully I can get my hands on the rest of the Chaos Walking trilogy (The Knife of Never Letting Go) and dive into the series.

8. Marissa Meyer
She is the author of the Lunar Chronicles. The 3rd book, Cress, just came out recently. The series is loosely based on fairy tale retellings. Cinder is the first book based on Cinderella. Scarlet is the 2nd book based on Little Red Riding Hood, and Cress is based on Rapunzel. There is a twist though. Cinder is a cyborg, Scarlet and Wolf are a street fighting duo, and Cress is a hacker in this futuristic series. WHAT?! Must read now.

7. John Green
Once again, I own a few of his books. I sorta kinda have a reason for not reading him. Everyone hypes up his books soooooo much that I am nervous I won't like them as much. Although, I did make myself a promise that I will read The Fault in Our Stars before the movie comes out in June.

6. Rachelle Mead
She is the author of The Vampire Academy Series. I own all but one of the series, so I have no excuse. I have heard through the grapevine that there is a very hunky vampire named Dimitri in this series that is extremely swoon worthy. Hot, sexy vampire? Count me in!

5. Lauren Oliver
She is the author of the well known Delirium trilogy, which I own but have not read. (I have a problem..lol). I just know that the series is a dystopian, in which love is outlawed. Once you reach a certain age the government makes you undergo some type of procedure to make it where you will never love. A world with no love? How does that even work?

4. J.K. Rowling
Covers my face in embarrassment : /

3. Marie Lu
She is the author of a well known dystopian trilogy called the Legend trilogy. I don't know too much about the books other than there is a lot of hype surrounding them, and the last book, Champion, is already out. Marathon time!

2. J.R.R. Tolkien
I have only seen The Hobbit. I have never read or seen any of The Lord of the Rings. Another one that I'm super embarrassed about. One of my reading goals is to read The Hobbit this year.

1. Tahereh Mafi
I want to be part of the fandom that is the Shatter Me trilogy. I actually just order Shatter Me, and it should be coming in the mail within the next couple of days. The main character, Juliet, has a lethal touch. I think she ends up falling in love, and I need to know how she manages that. I just NEED to read this book like now.

Until next time,
Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment