Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June Book Haul & First Line Feature:

(Click on titles to go to each book's Goodreads page)
This is an adult fantasy book described as "one part Ocean's Eleven and one part Robin Hood." I have heard awesome things about this series. 
"Locke Lamora's rule of thumb was this: a good confidence game took three months to plan, three weeks to rehearse, and three seconds to win or lose the victim's trust forever."-Scott Lynch

This is another adult fantasy book. I have heard that it is up there with The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings with a school setting like Harry Potter. I am trying to venture out of my comfort zone and try some other genres. 
"It was felling night, and the usual crowd had gathered at the Waystone Inn." - Patrick Rothfuss

This book is about a witch bounty hunter that is sexy and extremely dangerous. She chases after all types of creatures of the night. A book about a kick ass female heroin count me in. 
"I stood in the shadows of a deserted shop front across from The Blood and Brew Pub, trying not to be obvious as I tugged my black leather pants back up where they belonged." - Kim Harrison

I'm collecting all of Sarah Dessen's books. I have read almost all of them, but this is one that I haven't read yet. I don't know too much about this one other than the main character is struggling with trying to fit in. I have enjoyed all of Sarah's books. They are just light fuffy reads, perfect for summer. (With the exception of Dreamland..it is a darker one)
"My name is Nicole Sparks." - Sarah Dessen

This is book 2 of the Mara Dyer Trilogy. I loved book 1. I have a review of it. CLICK HERE to read my thoughts on it. 

I loved Burned by Ellen Hopkins, and I decided that I needed to read more by her. Not to mention one of my friends lloooovveeess anything Ellen Hopkins and recommends her to me any chance she gets. Crank is about a young girl who struggles with her addiction to crystal meth. 
"Life was good before I met the monster." -Ellen Hopkins

One of my favorite books is The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepard is based of this book. I figured that since I really enjoyed that story maybe I should attempt the original. I also have challenged myself to read more classics. 
"I do not propose to add anything to what has already been written concerning the loss of the Lady Vain." -H.G. Wells

I found this ARC (advanced reader's copy) at Goodwill, so I had to have it. This book has been described as Criminal Minds for young adults. 
"The hours were bad." -Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Perfect.Summer.Read. Anna is a high school senior who gets sent to a boarding school in Paris. She doesn't want to leave behind her friends and family for a whole school yet. I'm sure you can only imagine what happens. She meets new friends and a very swoon worthy boy named Etienne St. Clair. I really enjoyed this book. 
"Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge." -Stephanie Perkins

These are book 9 and book 10 in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. I love True Blood, so I decided to read the books. I have all of them up to book 10 now. I have read book 1, and I loved it. If you guys are interested in a vampire story with a southern twang definitely check this series out.

I was given this book by a friend. I really enjoyed it. Kissing Doorknobs is about a young girl struggling with OCD. It really opened my eyes to the everyday struggles people with OCD have to go through. It was an awesome story. 
"Step on a crack, break your mom's back!" -Terry Spencer Hesser

I want to read this before the movie comes out. I found it at the Goodwill, so I thought it was the perfect time to pick it up. I have no idea what this book is about. 
"It was almost December, and Jonas was beginning to be frightened." -Lois Lowry

The Elite by Kiera Cass
This is book 2 in The Selection Series. I can't wait to see what happens next. I have a book review on The Selection. CLICK HERE to check it out.
This is the companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss. I would recommend you read Anna before you read Lola. Lola is a fashion designer who lives in San Francesco who has a thing for her neighbor. It is super adorable. Once again, this is a perfect summer read. Guys please pick up this series. The third book is coming out in August, and I can't wait.  
  
What books did you buy this month?
Until next time,
Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment