Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Wrap Up & June TBR:

Happy 1st day of June. I'm excited to share what I have read during the month of May with you guys. Let's get started : )

First off I read 1 book in April. It was Twilight Graphic Novel Volume 2. I rated it 3 stars on Goodreads. I loved the artwork. It was just a nice refresher of the series.

Wrap Up:
# of books in April/May: 4
Read in 2014: 14 books

Challenges:
Books over 400 pages in May: 0
Books over 400 pages in 2014: 4
Classics: 0
Diverse Authors in April/May: 1
Diverse Authors in 2014: 2

The first book I finished in May was:

Of Poseidon 
By Anna Banks
Published May 2012
My Rating: 4 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4.09

Of Poseidon is the first book in a young adult series about mermaids. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I have never read a mermaid book before, so I was not expecting much. It follows the story of a young girl named Emma and Galen, a merman. It was a great adventure. I loved all of the world building. I feel like I'm a mermaids pro now. I would definitely recommend it. I'm currently reading the sequel, Of Triton. 

Lola and the Boy Next Door
By Stephanie Perkins
Published September 2011
My Rating: 4 stars
Goodreads Rating: 3.98

Lola and the Boy Next Door is a companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss. I really liked this book. Lola is a spunky character who design clothes. She has a neighbour named Cricket Bell. He is a year older and super cute. I bet you can guess what happens. This book is the perfect summer read. Stephanie Perkins knows how to add everyday issues into her books, and I love how realistic her writing is. For example, Lola's mom didn't want her, so she was raised by her gay uncle and his partner. I just love everything about this book. 


Slammed
By Colleen Hoover
Published September 2012
My Rating: 5 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4.3t

You guys this book!! It was phenomenal. Don't let the cover scare you off, please read it. I went into the book blind, and I think you should too. I will say it's a romance but it also has a heavy family message as well. I ended up crying like a baby while I was reading it. I never cry while I read but man THE FEELS. 

June TBR:

I'm currently reading :

And 


I will also be reading The Program by Suzanne Young with my book club. 


I want to read 6 books this month so fingers crossed. 
Until next time, 
Bre





No comments:

Post a Comment